Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mario World Pictures

My son has an obsession... And I may feed it, or support it, or, I don't know, but you see, my husband has appointed me "Head of the Department of Fun" in our family.  As you can see from the pictures below, I take my job very, very seriously.
 Here are the (from L to R) Yoshi, Princess Peach, Mario, and Luigi costumes I made the family for Halloween this year.  I got one idea and then another and another, and I was having a good time, so we dressed up the whole family!  This may be where I began to feed the obsession.
When I began brainstorming ideas about Daniel's  birthday party, I  started with the Petey Piranhas.  You see, they were the only decorations I was going to do.  Cheap.  Easy.  Cute.  Fun.
But then I realized that making some mushrooms would be cute and easy too.
And we ran out of red construction paper, so then came the  1ups.
And what is a Mario Party without Goombas?

And, of course, every party is a better party with a cup full o' mustaches.


And the construction paper decor just keeps going....

And going...

This is where the kids played "Be Yoshi and Get the Goombas" by knocking over the Goombas with their  "Yoshi Tongues."
And, of course our Super Mario World Adventure included  gathering coins and star cookies from various question mark boxes throughout Super Mario World.
Daniel's favorite part!






Nolan doing what he does best... Destroying cupcakes.

Even the Mario Characters were all partied out by the end.

This Head of the Department of Fun declares creating a small piece of Mario World a  "Super Fun Adventure."  I may have had more fun than the kids... It's pretty cool when the nostalgic childhood memories for a parent connect with her child, because this was super fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment