Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Smear, Shmear...not on my bagel.

What is up with Einstein Bros. Bagels, or any bagel place for that matter, calling cream cheese, "schmear?"

Seriously.

I am not trying to be disgusting, but who can possibly put white goo on a bagel that has the same name as a yearly vag scraping?

Don't act like you don't have the same correlation in your brain whenever you go to the bagel place.  You do.  You just shove it down so that you can stomach it, because, let's face it, schmear is tasty.  If it's called something else.

I frequent Einstein Bros. because they give me coupons twice a month for free bagels and free coffee.   And their green chili bagel is super delicious.  But I never, ever get a bagel schmeared with something.  I like cream cheese.  I probably would like all of their different schmears.  But the fact that they are called "schmear" is an awful marketing move.

They even have a giant poster of a bald man scratching his head wearing a "Carpe Shmearem" apron with the caption, "So Many Shmears, So Little Time."

I just can't bring myself to think about where he's harvesting all of these shmears.

Gross.

Maybe we should start a petition to help them better market their cream cheese spreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment