Sunday, June 5, 2011

More Sunday Poetry

To My Sons
I hope you’re famous
Like John Breaux’s famous
For smiling at strangers,
Picking up trash,
Being kind to everyone.

I hope you’re famous for serving others
Sharing coffee with the cold,
Food with the hungry
Conversation with the lonely.

I hope you’re friendly
To everyone
Helpful
Encouraging
Kind.

I hope you don’t get everything you want.
I hope many call you friend and yet, you only speak truth.
I hope you bowl or ski or swim or…
I hope you love and give and give
I hope you give more.

I hope you move.
I hope you love.  Deeply.  Fully.
I hope you travel and experience and see.
I hope you love adventure and live boldly.
I hope you hope.
I hope you pray.
I hope you fall sometimes and reach out to others when you do.
I hope you laugh so hard your belly hurts
I hope you do that often over dinner or coffee with good friends, new or old.
I hope you live.
Giving.
Serving.
Holding.
Helping.
Loving.

1 comment: