Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update on the Parking Scam

In case anyone cares, after a much more thorough investigation, my suspicions have been confirmed.  Paying for parking and parking tickets are a scam to drain money from busy, working, contributing members of society.  


Let me recap:
1. I paid $1.35 to park in Denver and I received a $25 ticket I did not deserve.
2. I made a phone call to fight it.  I was told to put it in writing.
3. I wrote a letter to fight it. 
4. I did not receive any response to my letter.
5. I received a notice of a doubled fine.
6. I made a phone call to dispute the charges.  I was told to go to the Magistrate's office.
7. I dragged my two toddlers downtown to the Magistrate's office.  Paid $5 to park while I "discussed" the fine. 
8. I was told that they would honor the 'reduced fine of $15' that the invisible letter I was sent had stated.  (Well, 'Whooptie Shit' as my mother says) OR I could set a court date (to which I would either have to again drag my children to and pay another $5 for parking or hire a babysitter to watch them while I take care of this matter) and pay $26.50 for court costs.
9. Hmmm... since I can do math, I decided to just pay the freaking fine and get out of there.


And, guess who wins.


That's right.  Plumperton.  Freaking Plumperton.

No comments:

Post a Comment